While hatred against a member of the enemy race is justifiable, especially during wartime, what makes a human being rise above narrow prejudices. Answer with reference to ‘The Enemy.
The feeling of hatred for enemy country is created by the system/ government
• People are made to hate each other
• It is considered to be patriotic/ nationalistic
• Personally knowing or not knowing has no meaning in such cases.
• There are people who rise above such petty thoughts
• Like doctor Sadao- for him saving the patient was most important
• As a doctor that was his first duty-the sick, injured needed attention and the country to which the patient belongs did not matter to him.
Sadaos rose above narrow prejudice because: Professional ethics , humanitarian considerations ,sensitivity
-Having been himself subjected to hatred and indifference in America, he does not want to follow a ‘tit for tat policy’.